When you track email link clicks, Outplay uses a tracking domain, which is different to your sender domain (your email). When your tracking domain and sender domain don't match, it's more likely that your email may be reported as spam.
You can configure a custom tracking domain for Outplay to use, so that your tracked email links seem to come from your sender domain.
Your custom domain should be a subdomain of your email domain, something like text.yourdomain.com. For example, if your email domain is acme.com, your custom tracking subdomain might be sales.acme.com.
Note: You must be an Admin to configure a custom domain.
You can set up your custom subdomain in the Custom Domain screen.
Setting up a custom subdomain requires two steps:
- Adding CNAME records for Domain in hosting provider.
- Adding the custom subdomain in the Custom Domain screen
1. Adding CNAME records for Domain in hosting provider
- To update CNAME records and add subdomain, you need to access your company's domain hosting service.
- Add a subdomain with CNAME records and point that to your default tracking domain XXXXXX.us1.outplayr.com (You can find this in custom domain page).
- Once you're done setting up CNAME and adding subdomain. It will take upto 4 hours for your hosting provider to reflect the changes.
2. Add the custom domain in the Custom Domain screen
- After adding CNAME records and it is approved from your hosting provider end.
- Click the user menu in Outplay, and click Settings.
- Click Custom Domain.
- Enter custom subdomain in the Subdomain field.
- Click the submit button.
Now, Once it is marked pending after submitting the custom subdomain, reachout to us on live support or via email. Outplay team will verify and provide an SSL certificate if its valid.
- Click here if your domain host is Bluehost, click here
- Click here if your domain host is GoDaddy, click here
- Click here if your domain host is NameCheap, click here
Note : The above process may take upto 48 hours to reflect the changes.
If you don't have access to your company's hosting service, contact your IT administrator.