A sequence is an ordered series of tasks you perform on a schedule to engage with a prospect. For example, you might leave a comment on their LinkedIn post the first day, reply to a tweet the third day, and send an email on the fifth day.
Outplay will fill your task list every day with the tasks you need to perform for prospects in your sequences, based on what sequence a prospect is in, and where they are in that sequence.
Each of your sequences has metrics that show how many of your prospects are in the sequence, and how well prospects respond to it, so you can refine your sales process as you go.
You can configure what stages prospects are automatically placed in if they reply during the sequence, or if they finish the sequence without replying, and use Triggers to send prospects to other sequences automatically.
Sequences are designed to take the guesswork out of deciding what to do next to best engage your prospects, giving you more time for your sales conversations.
You create a sequence in the Sequences screen.
- In the Sequences screen, click Create Sequence.
- Add the steps to follow in the sequence.
- Click Settings.
- Type a descriptive Name for the sequence.
- Select whether prospects should receive an opt-out link in any emails.
- Select the Schedule the sequence should use to schedule tasks and automated emails.
See more about setting sequence schedules here.
- If you want to stop the sequence for this prospect when they reply, select On reply, finish sequence for the prospect and replies include Email Reply, Call Answered, SMS Reply & Meeting Booked.
- Set the Max prospects that can be enrolled in this sequence in a day.
Even if you enroll 100s of prospects into the sequence, you can control how many of those prospects to start their sequence each day.
- Select which email should be prioritized for sending if the sequence gets close to its sending limit.
- Select the stages the prospect should be placed into when they're first added to the sequence, and if they bounce, reply, or finish without replying.
- You can disable the don't allow prospects to be added in Multiple Sequences to allow prospects to be added in Multiple Sequences.
12. Click Save.
You can now add prospects to this sequence and turn the sequence on to create your Day 1 tasks, or send your first automated emails.