Save Time and Boost Efficiency with Automated Triggers on Outplay
In today's fast-paced sales environment, automating repetitive tasks is crucial to saving time and maximizing productivity. Outplay's Trigger feature helps you to automate various aspects of your sales process, from updating prospect profiles to managing sequences.
This article will guide you through the process of creating triggers and leveraging their power to streamline your sales workflow, enabling your team to focus on what truly matters: closing deals.
What are Triggers?
Triggers on Outplay consist of two essential components: an event and an action. The event represents the trigger's cause, such as a prospect profile update or a prospect replying to an email. The action determines how Outplay should respond to the event, such as updating the prospect's information or adding them to a specific sequence.
Triggers can also incorporate criteria, allowing you to fine-tune their behaviour based on specific conditions. You can set criteria such as belonging to a particular sequence or possessing a specific field, ensuring that the trigger fires only when desired. Furthermore, a single trigger can encompass multiple actions, enabling you to perform multiple tasks with ease.
How to Create Triggers
Step 1: Access the Triggers page
- Log in to Outplay. In the Engagement section, click the Profile icon and select Settings.
- Click Triggers in the sidebar menu.
Step 2: Create a new trigger
- In the Triggers section, click the Create Trigger button to start configuring a new trigger.
Step 3: Provide a descriptive name for the rule
- Enter a meaningful and easily recognizable name for the trigger rule to identify its purpose.
Step 4: Select the event that triggers the rule
- Choose the event that should activate the trigger from the available options (e.g., "When a Prospect is created").
Step 5: Add criteria (optional)
- Specify any additional conditions that must be met for the trigger to activate. For example, you can set criteria like "Prospect Firstname equals John" to trigger the rule only for prospects with the first name "John."
NOTE: To ensure that the trigger only goes off once for a prospect, you can select the checkbox for Trigger only once per prospect.
Step 6: Choose the desired action and configure its associated fields
- In the Action section, click Add Action to define the action that should occur when the trigger is activated.
- Select the action you want to perform from the available options (e.g., "Add to Sequence").
- You can also set the relevant parameters for the action. (e.g., select the sequence, mailbox, and opportunity for the prospect)
NOTE: To include multiple actions within the same trigger, click Add Action and repeat the process for each additional action.
Step 7: Save the trigger
Once you have finished adding all the necessary actions, click the Save button to finalize the trigger configuration.
Step 8: Order the triggers
- If you have multiple triggers and their actions may impact each other, arrange them in the desired order of priority in the Triggers section. Use the Move icon next to each trigger to move them up or down the priority order.
By following these steps, you can create triggers on Outplay to automate various tasks within your sales process, optimizing your workflow and saving valuable time