Integrate your Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Outplay
Before integrating your Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Outplay, you must gather your Dynamics credentials. If you have completed the "Create an OAuth Application", Obtain the Client ID, Client Secret, and URL. These would be the credentials required!
Create an OAuth Application:
To begin Dynamics and Outplay integration setup, you must create an OAuth Application or use an already existing OAuth Application within your Dynamics instance.
Dynamics asks for other applications to integrate with them securely. They specifically use OAuth to securely give the appropriate authorization level to the application you are trying to integrate.
Steps to setup OAuth application:
Log in to the Microsoft account, and in the Main Dashboard, click the 3x3 dot icon to see the different Microsoft Apps and select the admin app.
2. From the menu on the left side of your screen, select Show All.
3. Click Azure Active Directory.
4. From the Main Dashboard for Azure Active Directory, click the Azure Active Directory from the left-hand side menu.
5. In the Overview, click App Registrations on the menu on the left side within the Dashboard.
6. From the App Registrations, Click New Registration.
Note: If you are using a previously created OAuth Application, click the title of the Application to open the OAuth Application to obtain a Client ID.
7. Give the OAuth Application a name. The name will be user-facing, so give it something appropriate that you can easily remember. For example, keep Supported Account Types to the default setting of single-tenant and click on Register.
How to get the Client ID and Client Secret
Once you've completed the Oauth Application registration, you will be taken to an Overview Page for the OAuth Application that you just created. Copy the application (client) ID.
2. On the Overview Page for the OAuth Application, click Certificates & Secrets on the left-hand menu under the Manage section.
3. Select New client secret under the Client secrets section.
4. Enter a Description for Client Secret, such as "Outplay client secret," and click on Add button.
Note: Select a time frame for your Outplay Client Secret to expire as far into the future as you can. Upon expiration, you will need to create a new secret in Dynamics and update it in Outplay integration to continue syncing.
Navigate to Dynamics Integration Settings and change the client secret.
5. Now you will see a value associated with the new Client Secret you created. You can click the document icon to copy to your clipboard and paste this into the word document you've been using to capture your credentials and add this under the header Secret:
Note: This is the only time the Secret will be visible. If you do not immediately copy the Secret, you must create a new one to copy the credential.
Integrating Client ID with Dynamics account -- This is no longer applicable and the method has been deprecated
Creating application user in Dynamics 365
Sign in to the Admin-Powerplatform as a System Administrator.
- Click on Environments.
- Select an environment from the list and click on settings.
- Select Users + permissions, and then select Application users.
- Select + New app user to open the Create a new app user page.
- Select + Add an app to choose the registered Azure AD application that was created for the selected user, and then select Add.
- The selected Azure AD app is displayed under App. You can select Edit to choose another Azure AD application. Under Business Unit, select a business unit from the dropdown list.
- After choosing a business unit, you can select for Security roles to choose security roles for the chosen business unit to add to the new application user. After adding security roles, select Save.
Make sure you choose System Administrator as the security role.
- Select Create.
Integrating Dynamics with Outplay
Navigate to Integrations & API in Outplay and enable Microsoft dynamics integration.
Verify URI, Client ID & Client Secret popup opened.
While in Dynamics 365, click My Apps on the left-hand side.
Click Sales app.
From the Main Dashboard, look at the URL in the Browser and Highlight the "https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com" including both the "HTTPS://" and ".com" part.
Enter Client ID and Client Secret. Click on connect.