Establish a Gmail <> Sendgrid SMTP connection to send more emails.
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is one of the methods through which internet servers send emails. Like many other SMTP providers like Mailgun, Sendinblue, Postmark, etc, SendGrid offers the use of their mail servers to send your emails. This is an excellent option for sending large volumes of emails, where having to do so manually would consume a significant amount of time and effort.
Let's dive into setting up the API key in SendGrid,
- If you are new to SMTPs, go to SendGrid and create a new account.
- Go to 'Settings' in your SendGrid account and Click on 'API Keys'.
- In the 'API keys', click on 'Create API Key'.
- In the API key Permissions, choose 'Full Access' and click on 'Create and View'.
- Ensure to note down the API key on a Notepad.
Time to go back to our Outplay Account
- Go to your Profile >> Settings >> Emailbox >> Click on SMTP/IMAP
- Provide your SMTP details as shown in the screenshot below -
- Once you have provided the SMTP details, the Sendgrid mailbox will be connected.
You can use Sendgrid to schedule more emails rather than Gmail or Outlook.