With Outplay Conversation Intelligence, you get an advanced AI-powered meeting recorder that does more than just record meetings. It joins your Zoom meetings, captures every information discussed, and documents it for you. This means you can focus on the meeting and not worry about taking notes.
Zoom compliance changes
With the Zoom compliance process,
All bots must get recording permission, and display the standard Zoom recording disclaimer.
To achieve the same, there are two methods available
Method 1: Have the host authorize their Zoom account
The authorization can be at the Zoom user level, which means that all meetings created by the respective user can be automatically recorded.
To do the same,
- Login to Outplay Portal
- Naviagte to Intelliegence tab
- Navigate to Settings
- Go to User >>
- Click on Connect my Zoom
Once, clicked, you will be able to view the below screen. Click on Allow and your Zoom account will be connected to Outplay.
Post this step, whenever there is a new meeting scheduled for that respective user, the Bot will automatically record the meeting.
Please note, that in case of your Zoom password change, you need to reconnect your Zoom account again within Outplay.
Method 2: Have the host grant the bot recording permission manually
If you don't connect your Zoom account, no worries, your Outplay Bot can still record the meetings.
- When the bot joins the meeting, it will pop up a notification that is only visible to the host
- If the host clicks "Deny", then the BOT will not record the meeting.
- If the host clicks "Allow Recording", the bot will receive recording permission and begin recording. This will trigger the recording disclaimer.
- This pop-up is not dismissable until the host chooses an option.
1. Can we customize the recording disclaimer?
Unfortunately, the recording disclaimer cannot be customized. The audio announcement, words and buttons in the pop-up, and recording symbol in the top left corner all are part of the Zoom permissions framework and cannot be changed.
2. If only transcription is being accessed, do we still need to show the recording disclaimer?
Yes. We have verified with our contacts at Zoom -- if any meeting data is being accessed you will need to show this disclaimer.